fredag 21 oktober 2016

Study Guide

Name:__________________

5ac Study Guide, October, 2016

I.                 Past Continuous


a.)  pronoun (I, you, he,she,it,we,they) + helping verb + ”ing”

I was driving a car.

Exercises:
Please make 5 past continuous sentences using these verbs:
drink, eat, jump, run, swim

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Questions:
Make 5 past continuous style questions WITH answers:

Ex: What were you doing last night?
I was watching T.V.

Ex: Where were you going yesterday?
I was going home.

Try: who, what, where, when, why

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)



b.) Past Continuous plus another event
(use when + past simple)

I was driving a car when we passed a McDonalds.

Exercises:
Make 5 of these

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

c.)  Questions

Who, What, Where, Why, When +
helping verb +
”ing”

What were you doing yesterday?

Exercises (make questions for these answers):

1.) I was drinking a milkshake.
Q:

2.)  She was riding a horse at Gröna Lund.
Q:


3.) He was going to the Aquarium.
Q:

II.             Future Tense

a.)            going to:
pronoun + helping verb + going to
I                 am
You            are
He           is                         going to eat pie.

Exercises:
Questions…

What is she going to do?
1.)

Where is he going to go?
2.)

Who is he going to play with?
3.)

Am I going to go out with my dog?
4.)

Are you going to buy my sweatshirt?
5.)






Negative:

pronoun + helping verb + not going to

She               is                     not going to bake pie.

Textruta: questions…Exercises:
Make 5 negative going to sentences:
Calia is not going to wear a unicorn outfit tomorrow.
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)


b.)           will

I/you/he/she/it/we/they will

Exercises:
Make 5 ”will” setences about the future:
Ex: I will fly to the moon.
Use: he, she, we, they, I

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Negative: won’t  (will + not = won’t)
Make 5 ”won’t” setences about the future:
Ex: I won’t live on the moon.
Use: he, she, we, they, I

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)


c.)            want to

I/you/we/they want to
he/she/it wants to
5 sentences, use he, I, you, she, we
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Exercises:
Negative: don’t want to
Exercises: 3 sentences:
1.)
2.)
3.)

d.)           will be able to use he, we, I
1.)
2.)
3.)

Negative: won’t be able to
Exercises:
use he, we, I
1.)
2.)
3.)


e.)            hope to
3 sentences:
1.)
2.)
3.)

III.         Adverbs

What is an adverb?


-ly

Make sentences with these adverbs
quickly, poorly (bad), disgustingly, easily, terribly

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
NO –ly
well, fast, hard, high

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)